subiculum

Posted 4 March 2020 - 7:34 pm
Checking wrote:
Do the vetos live and give 5min limit to pick a new map ez
stfu
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 March 2020 - 7:44 pm
Well you already know the CB games in those last 2 wars took up the most time by far to setup and get things right. You want to add extra time onto that, you also know if you played any previous TIW's (which you did) it will be more than 5 minutes at times for the veto's because you can entirely switch maps around from different sets as well.

What are the benefits to doing live vetos as opposed to 1 hour before the set starts?

- 1 hour before is more stream friendly and we know these big matches will get streamed.
- better organized & smoother.
- Every team knows what is coming up and theres no benefit for anyone over anyone else, equal playing field for all.
- Easier for army to deal with so we dont put more **** on his plate as it is.

Now your turn, explain to everyone the benefit of live veto's.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 March 2020 - 7:53 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
Checking wrote:
Do the vetos live and give 5min limit to pick a new map ez
Why when xcs are the only one who want this?

Can you at least give one tangible reason to not do the veto's one hour before please? It's difficult to open a discussion on this when nobody else but you sees the problem, and you guys aren't willing to actually discuss what the issue is lmfao.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Edited 4 March 2020 - 8:03 pm by [xCs]_Jv
What are the benefits to doing live vetos as opposed to 1 hour before the set starts?

in another competitive games such like LoL (the actual most competitive and seen livestream game EVER) who play X or Y side is defined literally 6 mins before they play, and it forces them to make strats for both sides before the match set up starts, so if it doesnt bother you at all while it does to us, why not adapt to us then if its np? then maybe its because it bothers you? put your ideas together...

making live vetos forces everyone to be ready for every situation with really not thinking time, which forces you to be ready before the match set up starts (as i said before)

in addition, LoL is pretty similar to aoc since it's a MOBA, which is a very similar RTS gameplay
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:05 pm
[xCs]_Jv wrote:
in another competitive games such like LoL (the actual most competitive and seen livestream game EVER) who play X or Y side is defined literally 6 mins before they play, and it forces them to make strats for both sides before the match set up starts, so if it doesnt bother you at all while it does to us, why not adapt to us then if its np? then maybe its because it bothers you? put your ideas together...

making live vetos forces everyone to be ready for every ocation with really not thinking time, which forces you to be ready before the match set up starts (as i said before)

in addition, LoL is pretty similar to aoc since it's a MOBA, which is a very similar RTS gameplay
and in other competitive games that have a much bigger following than AoC, such as csgo. map veto's are done 30 minutes prior & then both teams have an extra 15 or so minutes of warm up/setup/strat time after that to go over things. But were not talking about League of Legends with thousands/millions of viewers or csgo with thousands/millions of viewers for big live tournaments.

Also League is nothing like AoC, atleast in my opinion.

Now back on track to what we were actually discussing. Do you guys have an actual viable reason besides its just your own clans preference? I stated above several reasons why a better & more organized veto system would work.. your turn now.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:08 pm
[xCs]_Jv wrote:

making live vetos forces everyone to be ready for every situation with really not thinking time, which forces you to be ready before the match set up starts (as i said before)

K now at least you are giving good arguments. For me its fine to have a vote on this and let the majority decide
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 March 2020 - 8:10 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
[xCs]_Jv wrote:

The logic in your first paragraph is flawed. If everyone else is in favour of doing it 1 hour before to make the whole thing easier, but ONE clan cries about it, why should we accommodate the one clan, especially when they posted no actual reason other than 'no we dont want wahhh'? Your assertion that it must bother us because we don't instantly want to accommodate you when you posted no tangible reason is a logical fallacy, and thus can be disregarded.

We don't care much, it doesn't make a difference to us strategically, but having actually participated in two prior TIW's, experience tells us that doing them ahead of time makes it more bearable for people watching, more bearable for streamers, and makes the event run smoother, and this seems to be a sentiment echo'd by everybody but xcs. If the community decide they want live vetos, we won't cause any problems at all or try to fight it, but that doesn't appear to be the current status quo.

Regarding LoL... LoL is not aoc, we're a small community and we don't have regular events so the smooth running of this one is paramount, and most teams plan for veto's ahead of time anyway, so i don't really see what benefit it's going to give to wait till the live sets, i can only see negatives.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Edited 4 March 2020 - 8:11 pm by [xCs]_Jv
and in other competitive games that have a much bigger following than AoC, such as csgo. map veto's are done 30 minutes prior & then both teams have an extra 15 or so minutes of warm up/setup/strat time after that to go over things. But were not talking about League of Legends with thousands/millions of viewers or csgo with thousands/millions of viewers for big live tournaments.

Also League is nothing like AoC, atleast in my opinion.

Now back on track to what we were actually discussing. Do you guys have an actual viable reason besides its just your own clans preference? I stated above several reasons why a better & more organized veto system would work.. your turn now.

1.- CSGO is a SHOOTER.

2.- LoL is a MOBA, you know which another game is also a MOBA? DOTA, which comes from WoW CS = RTS. And maybe you didn't play enough LoL for notice how similar both games are, also there are few 2ks rmers like Fedex and his argen friend which i ccant remember his name being like top 300 (in 30mil players ranking) in LoL (gm).

3.- If you want something competitive then make it competitive by forcing players be more prepared, for every situation.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:10 pm
The logic in your first paragraph is flawed. If everyone else is in favour of doing it 1 hour before to make the whole thing easier, but ONE clan cries about it, why should we accommodate the one clan, especially when they posted no actual reason other than 'no we dont want wahhh'? Your assertion that it must bother us because we don't instantly want to accommodate you when you posted no tangible reason is a logical fallacy, and thus can be discarded.

We don't care much, it doesn't make a difference to us strategically, but having actually participated in two prior TIW's, experience tells us that doing them ahead of time makes it more bearable for people watching, more bearable for streamers, and makes the event run smoother, and this seems to be a sentiment echo'd by everybody but xcs. If the community decide they want live vetos, we won't cause any problems at all or try to fight it, but that doesn't appear to be the current status quo.

Most teams plan for veto's ahead of time anyway, so i don't really see what benefit it's going to give to wait till the live sets, i can only see negatives.

as I answered to sean, it forces every team to be more prepared for every situation
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 March 2020 - 8:17 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
[xCs]_Jv wrote:
as I answered to sean, it forces every team to be more prepared for every situation
This is the only valid point from your posts, but honestly i don't think it makes much difference. Everybody knows what everyone plays, everyone has a good idea of what they're gonna veto and what others will veto anyway, and doing them 1 hour or even 30 mins before hardly gives a lot of prep time anyway.

I think the positives of doing them live are minor, and are outweighed by the disruption it causes to the event, as we experienced several times in the past.
K now at least you are giving good arguments. For me its fine to have a vote on this and let the majority decide
I'd be fine with a vote and letting the community decide, or fine with Frankie putting his foot down and dictating how it will go.

What i'm not fine with, is changing things because one clan don't like it.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:16 pm
[xCs]_Jv wrote:
1.- CSGO is a SHOOTER.

2.- LoL is a MOBA, you know which another game is also a MOBA? DOTA, which comes from WoW CS = RTS. And maybe you didn't play enough LoL for notice how similar both games are, also there are few 2ks rmers like Fedex and his argen friend which i ccant remember his name being like top 300 (in 30mil players ranking) in LoL (gm).

3.- If you want something competitive then make it competitive by forcing players be more prepared, simple for every situation.

Notice how I never compared CSGO to AoC. I compared csgo's veto system to it as you did for League which has next to no similarities to AoC. If you had said Starcraft is similar to AoC I would of agreed as there are several ways they are similar.

Let's be real here. You only want live veto's for your own clans benefit to again try to get something else in your favor. Veto's done ahead of time makes all organization smoother + it only gives a very limited amount of time for teams to do planning. If we were saying 24 hours in advance I could understand you guys totally but 1 hour before having veto's done so all sets can go smoother doesnt put anyone else on a different playing field from any other team.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:19 pm
Notice how I never compared CSGO to AoC. I compared csgo's veto system to it as you did for League which has next to no similarities to AoC. If you had said Starcraft is similar to AoC I would of agreed as there are several ways they are similar.

Let's be real here. You only want live veto's for your own clans benefit to again try to get something else in your favor. Veto's done ahead of time makes all organization smoother + it only gives a very limited amount of time for teams to do planning. If we were saying 24 hours in advance I could understand you guys totally but 1 hour before having veto's done so all sets can go smoother doesnt put anyone else on a different playing field from any other team.

since you're making an affirmation, please explain to everyone of us how it benefits excess? 11

anyways, if you want to make it as much competitive as possible: Less time in veto system = team needs to prepare more.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 March 2020 - 8:35 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
[xCs]_Jv wrote:
since you're making an affirmation, please explain to everyone of us how it benefits excess? 11

anyways, if you want to make it as much competitive as possible: Less time in veto system = team needs to prepare more.
Well, you're the only clan pushing for it; so it seems you think it provides some benefit to you. If you don't, and you honestly think it makes the tournie better then fine, but bear in mind you're the only member of your clan to post a single reason...the rest just cried about it, whilst several people have given several reasons in favour for having veto's ahead of time.

Also, you may want to revisit your use of the word affirmation lol...

How much difference do you honestly think having live vetos makes over having them 1 hour ahead? We're a small community and we all have some idea of what other clans will/wont veto, and how much prep do you expect to be done in an hour? Do you honestly think this minor potential difference in competitiveness outweighs the benefits of having a far more streamlined, easy to manage tournament that has less dead time between games? Bear in mind we don't stream huge tournaments daily like bigger gaming communities such as LoL with tens of thousands of viewers, so the smooth running here is paramount.

I think we should just let Army decide and/or hold a vote, we shouldn't change the tournament format with no mandate from the community because one clan don't like it though.

[EDIT] nvm seems you didn't read a single fkin word, just LOL..

Easier to just vote on this, then nobody can complain it's unfair, and we'll have a community mandate.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:25 pm
[xCs]_Jv wrote:

You trying to claim you guys want it that way to make it as competitive as possible is a blatant lie and pretty much everyone knows that 11.
'
I stated the reasons above on our stance for 1 hour veto's you tried to explain one reason to do with comparing AoC to a game that has almost 0 similarities to AoC.

Anyway we can make it a vote or army can just say how he wants things to be done.

Eot_ is in favor of 1 hour before the set having all veto's done & organized and letting the veto's left over only be used in rdm decider rounds once the set starts.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 4 March 2020 - 8:31 pm
You trying to claim you guys want it that way to make it as competitive as possible is a blatant lie and pretty much everyone knows that 11.
'
I stated the reasons above on our stance for 1 hour veto's you tried to explain one reason to do with comparing AoC to a game that has almost 0 similarities to AoC.

Anyway we can make it a vote or army can just say how he wants things to be done.

Eot_ is in favor of 1 hour before the set having all veto's done & organized and letting the veto's left over only be used in rdm decider rounds once the set starts.

1.- we are the most actual competitive clan and we want it to be as much competitive as possible. Again can you prove why is it a lie and what everyone knows? 11

2.- do the vetos 1 hour before sounds better than 24 hours, but still it's a lot of time and should be really less. And again most popular games that are similar to RTS (AoC) have a max time of 6 minutes, those games are x1000000000000 times more competitive than AoC(and not even the actual game, its CS lmfao), so again, if a more competitive game only needs 6 minutes why would we need 24 hours or now, 1 hour?

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
«111213141516171819202122232425[26]2728293031
Displaying 376 - 390 out of 452 posts
फोरम कूदो
27 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 27 guests

目前最热门的是: