TIW 2020 Map votes

[Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 17 February 2020 - 11:40 am by [Eot_]Anonymous821
Yes both v5 and v10 will be in the random pack as both recieved the required votes.

Which brings me to my next point. Now as ive already said a vote a map went to the map as apposed to the version which meant the team picking a map as a home map got to pick the version and civs. That still stands however we also have rcb and hf. I have spoke to both eot and dy who both voted for it in and both have agreed this map RCB 2016 League.scx so this will be in random decider. However i am stuck with herofest in 1v1, now i do stand by my point that if you pick it as a home pick you can pick the version be it ram or no ram. However which version should i put in random pack? I cant put both in as both versions didnt get the necessary amount of votes so i can only add one. I will try and speak to both to see what i can arrange.
To clarify, are you saying two diff versions of dodgeball are in the pack, or dodgeball is just in it once but the person picking it can choose which version?
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:02 pm
I think we need a rule on stalemates/draws as well:

If 2 people of similar skill meet in Herofest Turk war and both play defensive, it's very likely to end in a stalemate and/or 4-5h very boring game (this isn't possible in the rams version).
Stalemates/draws are also possible in CBA 1 v 1, Gwars, and Zotten Blood seems likely to end up in stalemates sometimes as well.
Do we let games like this go on for several hours? Or do we set a time-limit?
I'd propose making it an admin decision (giving Army the power to end it) and letting the game be replayed as a random round (so that there are 2 random rounds)
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:06 pm
To clarify, are you saying two diff versions of dodgeball are in the pack, or dodgeball is just in it once but the person picking it can choose which version?

Yea, im also hoping IT can only be picked once? 11
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]EvilSquirrel

Edited 17 February 2020 - 12:11 pm by [Eot_]EvilSquirrel
I didnt count, but he said earlier that dodge v5 got 3 votes and dodge v10 2, so both should be listed as separate maps, so you could pick both, not only one of them.

You'd have to ask the 2 clans that wrote "dodgeball" what they mean with that. Both versions?
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:09 pm
Don't think that's a good idea at all, there will b argument as to who deserved the admin win or if it should have been stopped.

Also HF turks with rams as I'm sure you appreciate is v similar to CBA Hero vil war at imp, which is very, very often a stalemate, so adding rams doesn't change this imo at all (as long as both make rams).
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:10 pm
I didnt count, but he said earlier that dodge v5 got 3 votes and dodge v10 2, so both should be listed as separate maps, so you could pick both, not only one of them.

This is correct, as per Frankie's rule of 2+ votes per map. See it as the same as hero Vs CBA, they are similar but not the same and individually voted :d
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:24 pm
just wondering, if i pick lustful can i also say it's gonna be v7 instead v8? both versions are bug free but has important changes
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:51 pm
Don't think that's a good idea at all, there will b argument as to who deserved the admin win or if it should have been stopped.

If i (or someone with similar skill level as me) play Mr.Angel (the guy you apparently recruited for herofest) in a 1 v 1 herofest turk war this is what will happen:
-20%i kill him <10 minutes
-10% he kills me <10 minutes
-70% both get enough bombard towers up to stabilize. Since Mr. Angel is the biggest camper known in herofest history, nothing will happen anymore after this stage, and realistically, I will BBT up for one hour and then go do something else to see that 5 hours later, still nothing has changed. Is this what we want for the viewers? Is this what we want for the tourney? Or do we want to avoid this?
(Mr.Angel is the reason there is no 1 v 1 herofest turk war scene anymore and herofest rams was introduced)
Also HF turks with rams as I'm sure you appreciate is v similar to CBA Hero vil war at imp, which is very, very often a stalemate, so adding rams doesn't change this imo at all (as long as both make rams).

It's completely impossible to reach a stalemate in Herofest rams, the castles are very close and you can't defend from ram pushes unless you feed. Feeding gives Khans, trebs and sabs which end the game very easily.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 17 February 2020 - 1:07 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
"Whoever picks as a home pick decides version (as long as its fair) along with civs."

This isnt gonna be open to abuse so let me clarify it was more in relation to dodgeball (cannon or archer), herofest (ram or no ram) and which rcb version. However i see the confusion and it is in theory open to other maps but it is a simple fix which i will get too.

Herofest - If picked as a home map can be picked as ram or as the regular one in the map pack. The ram version as agreed by the two who voted it in will be the one in the random pack.

RCB - Once again as agreed by the two who voted it in will be RCB 2016 League.scx. So this is the map available in the tourney.

Dodgeball - Both versions as in archer and cannon received the required votes and both will be in the random pack for the tourney. If the map comes up in the tourney the game will be reset and proper spots picked. The host will have his team on his side.

Now i understand other maps may also have bug free maps and i continue to be open to this but without any nasty surprises. I have entrusted barry to put the versions from the map pack in the random pack, im sure he has. Now for other maps that may have multiple versions we will have a list of versions that will be allowed and only those versions of the map if of course any exsist. So if you have a home pick you will only be able to pick a version that will be listed. There wont be any late surprised in versions of maps as i will have a list of versions that can be chosen and only those versions. If you have a request for a specific version of a map you need to let me know now so it can be reviewed and if it passes will be allowed. I will review it in private across a number of avenues including players. If it passes the review it will be allowed and added to the list of versions available.

Archers Blood
CBA
CBA Hero
CBX
Lustful
Desert Blood
Dome Blood
Herofest
Lustful
Desert Blood
Dome Blood
Gwarz
RCB
Spider Blood
KM
Smosh
WoA
Europe
Graves
Khans
RCB
Vetz
Zotten Blood
Nova
BYO CB
Dodgeball

For now i would like you to list the versions of each map that should be open for review. If it hasnt been reviewed and passed it wont be allowed, im not having a scenario were a version of a map appears just before games are played. For now can someone list the versions of maps that are bug free and fair and should be open to review, for the most part I expect only maps from the map pack. We will review any additions and as mentioned there will be a list of versions of maps available for home picks.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 17 February 2020 - 1:14 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Regarding a potential stalemate that as came to light i will discuss in private and will come to a conclusion so its clear and will share it once i have.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 17 February 2020 - 1:14 pm
For Archers Blood and CBX I suggest adding only the 'Teams' versions. It would save a lot of time setting the spots.

Archer Blood Teams
CBX Teams

As for other maps it would be great if someone could make others maps's versions as Teams. Would save time both in practices and in TiW games.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 1:44 pm
CBA Hero should be 5x in TG decider pack and CBA should be 2x just like the last TiW,
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 17 February 2020 - 1:54 pm
CBA Hero should be 5x in TG decider pack and CBA should be 2x just like the last TiW,

I think I saw a dream where Frankie said each map will be weighted as one, cause I cannot find the reference anymore, lol.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 jNk

Edited 17 February 2020 - 2:08 pm by jNk
This is correct, as per Frankie's rule of 2+ votes per map. See it as the same as hero Vs CBA, they are similar but not the same and individually voted :d
Hmm, i'm very much against this, we could include world map, europe, holland map, belgium map, china lakes and Mediterranean under this same logic, similar maps but all have differences

Army stated earlier not to bother with versions, each map would only count once, and the person choosing would would pick the version as long as it was fair. I don't really think it's suitable for a team to be able to have dodgeball as all their home TG maps

So the question to you army, since there seems to be confusion is;

Could a team now pick dodgeball v5, and dodgeball v10 as their 2 home maps? Or is dodgeball in its entirity 1 'pick', and who chooses it can choose which version?
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 2:18 pm
jNk wrote:
Hmm, i'm very much against this, we could include world map, europe, holland map, belgium map, china lakes and Mediterranean under this same logic, similar maps but all have differences

Army stated earlier not to bother with versions, each map would only count once, and the person choosing would would pick the version as long as it was fair. I don't really think it's suitable for a team to be able to have dodgeball as all their home TG maps

So the question to you army, since there seems to be confusion is;

Could a team now pick dodgeball v5, and dodgeball v10 as their 2 home maps? Or is dodgeball in its entirity 1 'pick', and who chooses it can choose which version?

Both versions of dodgeball got enough votes each to allow them both into the pack. One version got 3 votes and another got 2.

Yes i did say not to bother with versions as a map would be counted as one, this was to assure a map had more chance of being included. If dodgeball archer got one vote and dodgeball cannon got one vote, then it would mean both versions are available to be selected. However only one version would be in the random pack and i would discuss with those who voted for it and come to an agreement. If i didnt get an agreement then i would have put it to a vote between each particapant. Thankfully i had no need for this. Take herofest for example both versions got one vote each so i spoke to both parties who voted for it and came to an agreement.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
123[4]56789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 452 posts
फोरम कूदो
27 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 27 guests

Dân số hiện tại:
Word Association (68 Người chơi)
1.6 reward campaing (35 Người chơi)
#ReviveCS - Proposal (29 Người chơi)
TIW 2020 Map votes (27 Người chơi)
New Voobly Client 2.7 (19 Người chơi)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (17 Người chơi)
Chủ đề tích cực nhất tuần qua: