Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > Herofest 1v1 Tournament

Herofest 1v1 Tournament

[I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 8 January 2011 - 11:52 pm by [I3acI]__eT__
You must login into Voobly to view image

Ok people after the success that we had with the Dodgeball Tourney I thought it only fitting that I try and organise another tourney to try and start the year off with a BANG. I have chosen herofest as the map as its well known in the custom community and one that I cant remember having a tourney within any kind of recent history. I understand some might think im only doing this so I can get an easy Tournament victory so for that reason I wont compete in it myself but instead just help organise it and of course offer to play the winner in a friendly afterwards.

DATE: SUNDAY THE 9th OF January 2011 AT 8PM GMT
Game setting rules:
DOWNLOAD MAP:
Click Here to Download

Map: =V= Herofest.scx No Other map will be allowed.
Speed: Fast
Starting Age: Post Imp/Standard
Resources: Standard
Lock Speed/Teams
Victory: Standard
Reveal Map: Explored
Record Game: Failure to do so will result in no disputes being available. You will not be required to upload records except in an issue of a dispute. Word of mouth will be good enough for advancing, but always be safe by taking a screenshot of victory message with score stats showing (F4).
Cheats DISABLED!
All tech DISABLED!
Player 1 vs Player 2, no other positions allowed.
Civilization: Turks (No other civ will be allowed, end of discussion)
All rounds apart from the final will be in the format of bo1 (Best of one). The final will be a bo3 (best of 3)

It is YOUR DUTY to make sure game settings are set correctly. If they are not, and host refuses to change them to the correct setting, please contact a Voobly tournament mod.

Tournament Rules:

Dropping:
Dropping will be determined based on current game state:
If the winner dropped, then the match will be replayed.
If the game is still undecided at time of drop, match will be replayed.
If the loser is dropping (and it's clear he's losing), then the other person will move on and the dropped will be DQ'd.

All aspects, plus others not listed, will be analyzed before making a decision by tournament runners and others as they see fit.

Camping:
The Game time will be 2 hours firstly. If the game still hasnt ended with 2 hours game time then both players will go out and the person in the next round will get a bye. In the semi finals, the 3rd/4th play offs and final there will be no time limit as we need to get definate winners in those rounds

Third Party Tools
The use of any third party tool is prohibited. Examples are, but not limited to: Modified game files, syncers, crashers, network throttling devices (purposely lagging programs), and other such tools. Violation of this rule will not only result in disqualification from tournament, but termination/punishment as the Voobly staff team seems fit.

Misc:

You will have ten minutes to report to your first round game, or you will receive a lost and be eliminated from the tournament. You are also expected to play future rounds as soon as possible. Both issues may be extended at the tournament mods' discretion.

All matches will be required to be played in the tournament lobby of voobly, located here: http://www.voobly.com/games/lobby/13/70 No other lobbies/clients will be allowed. Any issues with the client that may arise will be dealt with by the tournament mods/admins as they are presented.

You may only play on your account, and may only enter the tournament with one account. This also includes playing for someone else if your account was eliminated. Failure to follow this rule will result in disqualification of all involved accounts.

Any use of a map bug, known or not known, will result in disqualification from tournament. You have been warned.

Any rule can be added/modified at any time as seen fit by a Voobly tournament mod. This rule exists to stop and punish potential exploitation of loopholes in current rules.

All matches must be reported before advancing to the next round in the appropriate section. Games must be recorded therefore. The games may be uploaded to [You must login to view link]

Spawn glitching is not allowed

Awards:
1) 6 month gold membership
2) 3 month gold membership
3) 3 month silver membership

Along with the following:

Brackets:
TBD after signups close.

To sign up you must agree to the rules and state your full user name for the the tourney

1. [I3acI]MarTy_
2. TheWorldIsMine
3. XxBoWJlzxX
4. liYilisTakEz
5. IYI4uI2oxX_
6. [b0x]_XxAnGeLxX_
7. liYilisTakEz
8. IYI4uI2oxX_
9. [Gx]VanPersie_
10. _HuNo_
11. 7th andreas
12. _tAmmy_
13. [I3acI]sScreamz_
14. [Eot_]Zanchy_
15. [NexGen]511
16. [Gx]Takeover
17. [I3acI]Master_O
18. [b0x]Estigma
19. [TI2]waldoponce
20. [ViCiouS]However
21. _seba_
22. _LC_CarL0z
23. [ImPacT]P1be
24. [Gx]AgReSsoR_24
25. IxTaP
26. [b0x]vAsH_RoX
27. TwisT
28. [ViCiouS]GoogleMaps
29. DESTRUO_MAN
30. [vVv]KX_Steel
31. doctormengueche
32. _LC_Archy_LGD
33. [Gx]S0mBra
34. [ViCiouS]Valar
35. Rus
36. [wA_]_Rap4Life_
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 MrGoose

Posted 9 December 2010 - 3:35 am
1st one :) Marty_ ;thumbup
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 TheWorldIsMine

Posted 9 December 2010 - 3:54 am
[IS_]TheWorldIsMine
I agree with the rules
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [sX]Matthew88

Posted 9 December 2010 - 3:58 am
I Agree :)
XxBoWJlzxX
[JxJ]
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 TheWorldIsMine

Posted 9 December 2010 - 3:59 am
Quote:
[I3acI]_Army1_
Standard Membership
Private MessageI understand some might think im only doing this so I can get an easy Tournament victory so for that reason I wont compete in it
is it serious or a joke?? :P im not best hf player but thought it was either bowjr or mistakes... u should play them :)

thnx for the camping rule!! hope the same **** that happened with box (a noob camped with 5k khanz for 3 hours) doesnt happen again.
gl with the tourney
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 _LC_MisTakEz_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 4:23 am
I Agree to the terms
liYilisTakEz
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 IYI4uI2oxX_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 4:29 am
I Agree to the terms
IYI4uI2oxX_
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 _XxAnGeLxX_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 8:34 am
Agree to the terms

_XxAnGeLxX_
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 trappis

Posted 9 December 2010 - 12:03 pm
It was my idea to call those sort of tools "Third Party Tools".
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 1:51 pm
is it serious or a joke?? :P im not best hf player but thought it was either bowjr or mistakes... u should play them :)

thnx for the camping rule!! hope the same **** that happened with box (a noob camped with 5k khanz for 3 hours) doesnt happen again.
gl with the tourney

I wasnt joking!!!!!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 _HuNo_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 2:15 pm
i agree to the terms =D _HuNo_
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 CaptainObv1ous

Edited 9 December 2010 - 3:35 pm by CaptainObv1ous
7th andreas

Camping:
To avoid any kind of extreme camping there will be a time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes per game. Very few games ever last that long but if it so happens that one does then the winner will be the one with the highest score
Usually the one camping has the highest score, because of the camping..
Make a rule of no blocking your own spawn? Or the one who is closest to the other guy's base after 1:30 wins the game?
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 TammyGFX

Posted 9 December 2010 - 3:54 pm
I agree ty <3
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 IYI4uI2oxX_

Posted 9 December 2010 - 4:25 pm
camping occurs because the player that makes it looks so much faith remove trebz, maybe if you removed the trebz, the game may be different. Although in all sports there are different strategies, defensive play as a valid option, and the game goes through expertisia which wants to win. PERSONALLY I LIKE THE VERSION that lasted 2 HOURS, AND WOULD JUST DID GOLPEARCE IF ANY, ARE REMOVED, 2 HOURS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]sScreamz

Posted 9 December 2010 - 7:51 pm
i agreee thk u

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
[1]2345678910
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 140 posts
फोरम कूदो
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: