Weekly Leagues

_Walt_

Posted 9 October 2017 - 4:10 pm
A little while ago, I was playing Angry Birds 2 and they had this concept of leagues held every week. So you play and you get ranked (1,2 and 3) against multiple players from the whole community of players. Ofcourse, you got to participate in the leagues.

Drawing parallel from that system, I think we can do something similar in voobly as well.
Every game that is played, the game engine allots 2 MVP medals - one from the winning team and other from the losing team. And its not always the highest scored get the medals, sometimes the person in second spot gets it. I tried to get my head around understanding the MVP system but I could not. But here's the scheme in theory.

Let's consider the rate slab of 1300-1400, whatever games some one plays if he ends up in the top 2 spots either winning or losing team he gets an MVP medal. We count the medals earned at the end of the week, and rank players. The top 3 players gets some bonus points to his rate (say 30,20 and 10) like an appreciation from voobly saying - "you did good this week, here is a small gift from us".
This will motivate people to play good, and since the game engine allots them deciding on number of factors, i believe it is an honest evaluation(?) of a players performance in that game. Also, your luck wave maybe for a day or 2 at max where you win almost every game, but for 7 days it is a different story.

Now, before we say it can't be done technically, I would love to know what does the community think of this idea.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 10 October 2017 - 4:10 pm
I will pray for this idea.

Here are some ;flowers . A small gift from me.

;3angel
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 KurSad69

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:13 am
Great idea
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 metric

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:45 pm
I don't think there should be a rating reward since it goes against the concept of a rating system but other than that, it's a lovely idea, though, I do wonder why you need a MVP medal when instead, you could just fix the way the highest points score ribbon functions.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 _Walt_

Posted 9 November 2017 - 2:48 pm
metric wrote:
I don't think there should be a rating reward since it goes against the concept of a rating system but other than that, it's a lovely idea, though, I do wonder why you need a MVP medal when instead, you could just fix the way the highest points score ribbon functions.

Atleast, one mod replied, so thank you.
Sometimes a player who plays good ends up on the loosing side for variety of reasons. The same person might go on to win the next game because of his skills in the game. The MVP scheme recognizes 2 players per game. Besides that, there are lot of ways to be on the top score in the game like more trade and still suck militarily.

The overall idea is to recognize good players, motivate them to improve continuously with some rewards.
One side theory is at the end of the game, if player is MVP and his team wins he gets say +2 bonus points. And if he is MVP on the losing side, he looses 3 less points then the rest of team.

Just throwing some ideas :)

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts
फोरम कूदो
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: