Game Crashing Help

fipilipi

Edited 23 July 2017 - 3:42 am by fipilipi
I'm having an issue where after the game launches and I'm in the in-game multiplayer menu, after selecting the game and pressing 'join' the game crashes.

I am able to play 1v1 vs. the computer using Voobly with no issues.

Not sure if related, but the 'Game' dropdown menu seems to be missing some options for me, it only has 'Live Streaming' and 'Start at Single Player Menu'.

I am running this on a mac using wine staging.

Thanks for the help!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 +BlackAdder_

Edited 31 July 2017 - 11:08 pm by +BlackAdder_
Not really sure what could be the issue, don't have experience myself with Mac/Wine, but you could check the guide for playing AoC on Wine, maybe it could help - or look through/post in the Tech Support forum here, tech-savvy people could be able to help you :) Otherwise in cases like these, it's usually good practice to reinstall things (clean reinstall is also good - that means deleting any remaining game files after uninstall from both the game installation folder and also the folder in Documents/My Games, after backing up those you want to keep, like recs/saves).

That it crashes upon joining game could also signal some problems with your Wine network settings, could try checking those.

For the menu in the game room, that's normal, just two listings there :)
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 fipilipi

Posted 1 August 2017 - 4:49 pm
That's actually the guide I followed to try and set up AOM on mac. I don't have any experience with wine networking but I'll try posting to the technical forum.

Thanks for the help!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 3 August 2017 - 4:59 pm
All right, hope you'll get your answers then :)

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts
फोरम कूदो
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: