Blue Blood

[dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 3 March 2016 - 4:46 am by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Hi guys!

The last couple of days I have made my own scenario instead of fixing other peoples scenarios. The next couple of days I will be testing it in the CS lobby and try to balance it out if necessary. After its balanced enough, bug-free and if people like the scenario I might even put it into Random TG for some time. In this topic I will give a brief instruction on how to play. Since this hasnt been played with actual people yet I cant give you a tutorial on what is the best to do but instead on how the mechanics work. Its up to you to develope a tactic to win.

First of all, the scenario is called Blue Blood. I hope a scenario with that name doesnt exist yet. If it does, let me know and I will change the name. The name for it might be a little far-fetched but "blue blood" a term for noble folks such as kings, lords, dukes and so on. And since you will need Hero units most of the time to win the scenario which are kind of noble folks I thought it might be a good idea :P

The map combines a few aspects of other scenarios along with a few new ones. After all, there are not unlimited ways of how to win custom scenarios. Most of them are based on kills, razes are important and microing will give you an advantage. I think a good scenario should combine all three of these aspects, thats why I tried to include them in mine as well.

Before you go on and read how this map works, you could watch a short video first which Marauder recorded today. It does show the start of the map with commentary, so it may help understanding of what I have written below. Thanks again for the video Dave :)

Now, have a look at the entire map:
You must login into Voobly to view image

Next, lets get into detail. I have copied large parts of it out of the Hints I already had to write, so it will kind of the same like what you can read in the hints as well.

How to play:

1) At your back island (picture below) you have all the buildings you need to research the technologies you need. Technologies that are useless in this scenario such as Siege Engineers for example are restricted so you cant even research them by accident. However, unit upgrades cant be restricted but they are pretty much all useless, too, because you will receive a new set of units every time you get to the next age, so dont waste your recources on them because they are not unlimited and have to be spent wisely. The only (maybe) useful unit upgrade is Paladin even though its expensive. The mining camp you have at the start is only there so you can advance to the Feudal Age, it will disappear once you reach it. Once you reach Castle Age a monstary will spawn for the same purpose and will disappear again once you get to Imperial Age. If you research Bombard Tower you will receive 3 additional Bombard Towers in your base for defence. All buildings will respawn if you accidentally delete them, so dont worry, its not game over if it happens ;)

2) Also at your back island you have your unit spawn. You can select the unit you wish to spawn with your King which spawns at 10 seconds. The King will also respawn if you accidentally delete it. You start with Archer, Scout and Man-at-Arm to spawn and you will receive a new set of units every time you get to the next age. The units are always designed so that the archer unit counters the infantry unit, the infantry unit counters the cavalry unit and the cavalry unit again counters the archery unit but they are still fairly equal in strength. So it is advised to make a combo of units or else your opponent can counter your unit very easily. Here are the sets of units you will have later in the game:

Feudal Age - Longbowman, Light Cavalry, Jaguar Warrior
Castle Age - Elite Chu Ko Nu, Knight, Elite Berserk
Imperial Age - Janissary, Chevalier, Elite Teutonic Knight
800 kills - Elite Janissary, Frankish Paladin, Siegfried

The units will spawn on the two flags in your base (picture below) and the total military pop is limited to 50 units.

3) In the neutral zone in the middle of the map (picture below) there are also a few things going on. First of all you can get bonus resources every minute if you have 20 or more units between the inner ring of mossy stones (20 Wood/50 Food/40 Gold). It may be not very much but theyre important to reach the next age a bit faster than your opponent or to have more resources for additional technologies available. The other thing you have to pay attention to in the neutral zone are the already mentioned mossy stones. Every 7:30 minutes a new ring of towers will spawn on the spots the mossy stones are, starting with a tower right in front of your gates. The next ring of towers will spawn at 15 minutes on the first elevation with +5 attack, then at 22:30 on the second elevation with +10 attack. Starting at 30 minutes every other 7:30 minutes a ring of towers will spawn on the top elevation with +15 attack. The towers will be the main source of razes which will unlock the bonus units. So make sure to get yours and prevent your opponent from razing yours. Guard Tower, Keep, Masonry and Architecture will help you.

At last, a quick overview of the kill and raze bonuses:

Kills:

Every 50 kills you will receive resources:
25/175/50/20 (50-200 kills)
50/350/100/25 (250-400 kills)
75/500/150/30 (450-600 kills)
100/650/200/35 (650-800 kills)
150/800/250/40 (850-1000 kills)

At 800 kills you will receive Elite Janissary, Frankish Paladin and Siegfried for your spawn.

Razes:

Razes will unlock your bonus unit spawn (the 5 flags). Your bonus units will spawn every 4 minutes and they will be limited to 20 pop max. So make sure you delete injured or weaker units before you get new ones.
1 raze - 1 Robin Hood
2 razes - 2 Robin Hoods
3 razes - 3 Robin Hoods
4 razes - 4 Robin Hoods
5 razes - 5 Robin Hoods
6 razes - 1 Subotai + 4 Robin Hoods
7 razes - 2 Subotais + 3 Robin Hoods
8 razes - 3 Subotais + 2 Robin Hoods
9 razes - 4 Subotais + 1 Robin Hood
10 razes - 5 Subotais
11 razes - 1 Genghis Khan + 4 Subotais
12 razes - 2 Genghis Khans + 3 Subotais
13 razes - 3 Genghis Khans + 2 Subotais
14 razes - 4 Genghis Khans + 1 Subotai
15 razes - 5 Genghis Khans

I hope I didnt forget anything. Here is the download link if you want to host it yourself:
http://www.voobly.com/files/prompt/31447586

Have fun!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 _Hacks

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:58 pm
Seems nice. Good job. :)
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 Dej4Vu

Edited 25 February 2016 - 11:30 pm by Dej4Vu
I like it, change the normal appearance of bloods
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 23RaidingParty

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:42 pm
great work, but average map

-unit choice is poor and not in proportion with the ages.
-dark age start is poor because it limits unit choice to men at arms.
-map size is big which potentially means undesirably long matches.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:14 am
great work, but average map

-unit choice is poor and not in proportion with the ages.
-dark age start is poor because it limits unit choice to men at arms.
-map size is big which potentially means undesirably long matches.

Average game time is 30 minutes ingame time, it gets over quickly.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:20 am
****ed map from a **** who wouldve thought hehehehehe
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 Dej4Vu

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:21 am
;ermm
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:25 am
says the guy who made 'daze blood' and 'krank' blood. No words really.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:37 am
says the guy who made 'daze blood' and 'krank' blood. No words really.
Yea sorry ur too dumb to know what a good map is
I know voobly forums are your life but can you not spread ur stupidity to my posts.
Thanks
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:44 am
Yea sorry ur too dumb to know what a good map is
I know voobly forums are your life but can you not spread ur stupidity to my posts.
Thanks
you're also the best overall same civ player in all CBs.. unmatched by anyone else in this game... everyone knows you're the top and thats why everyone always has your name in top lists as being the #1 player in CS.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 26 February 2016 - 11:15 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
Honestly, this post coming from you was extremely amusing after the absolutely horrific maps you have made

The follow up comment about spreading stupidity was the icing on the cake

Thank you for bringing humour to our lives
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 Playerpro123

Posted 26 February 2016 - 1:11 am
Im sleeping
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 Slash

Posted 26 February 2016 - 1:15 am
Good Job!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 26 February 2016 - 1:22 am
Congratz for your map :)
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [7th]xAwaKeNg

Posted 26 February 2016 - 1:28 am
As its don't have panic,ray,power or any aoc crap,then its will be cool map,u one of players I respect,I'll try it for you,hope see it rated in future

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 49 posts
फोरम कूदो
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests