RCB SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN LADDER

[Eot_]Marvel__

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 15 June 2012 - 12:51 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Just because someone doesn't play cs doesn't mean they can't have an opinion.

He raised some pretty good points. At least the OP (eventually) started raising his points without insulting people and telling them to **** off.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:56 pm
He can have an opinion but it's not any valid opinion, we're talking about CBA Hero, CBA and RCB in this situation, ideas were RCB to have its own ladder or for CBA Hero and CBA to be in one together...

He has never been a CB player, never liked CB's, never played them competatively (I don't think, idk) and so can't really go on yapping about the maps when it's nothing to do with anything he knows, that's like me talking about engineering because I know some maths.. kinda irrelevent.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 15 June 2012 - 1:24 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
He can have an opinion but it's not any valid opinion, we're talking about CBA Hero, CBA and RCB in this situation, ideas were RCB to have its own ladder or for CBA Hero and CBA to be in one together...

He has never been a CB player, never liked CB's, never played them competatively (I don't think, idk) and so can't really go on yapping about the maps when it's nothing to do with anything he knows, that's like me talking about engineering because I know some maths.. kinda irrelevent.
Your analogies are shaky at best. Just because he doesn't play the map 'competitively' doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid (Although I believe he played with geen and co for a little while, but I could be wrong). The fact is, a large majority of the CBA players havn't played CBA competitively and are noobs, and this is the audience voobly has to aim to please unfortunately, since this is the majority. I'm not a professional football player, does that mean I cannot have a valid opinion on football? I'd say Ben's position makes his argument more valid as he has no bias to CBA/CBA Hero/RCB or any of those maps so he can talk neutrally.

Because somebodies opinion doesn't necesserily agree with yours doesn't make it invalid, perhaps you should learn to have a sensible debate before resorting to replies that fall well within the Argument from authority fallacy, as well as false analogy.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 PIN3

Posted 15 June 2012 - 1:40 pm
CBA hero needs its own ladder, it is as popular as CBA and will mess up any other ladder it is put in(including the CBA ladder). A problem I have with the current setup is this, I am a 2k MCB player, 18xx CBA player and about a 1650-1700 CBA Hero player, Now because of the current ratings I cannot play in the lower level CBA Hero games that I should be in, because of my rating they kick me or either they have a lower range set on the rooms and I cannot enter, so the current ratings for the cb ladder is completly inaccurate for CBA Hero. If the goal of the rating system is to provide evenly matched games between players of equal skill level then CBA Hero must have its own ladder because this current setup is failing to do this. Is it really that hard to add another ladder or what? I don't understand what the big deal is in doing this, the two most/equally popular CS maps should have their own ladders.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 15 June 2012 - 1:51 pm
well, forgetting any previous statements this is how I see it:

We're talking about RCB having its own ladder because CBA Hero ruined the CB ladder, which is basically RCB and the tiny tiny community of MCB, which we don't mind because we like MCB.

Ben comes and starts talking about zone, bloods etc.. all of which totally irrelevent. I need to keep
re-adressing the fact that we're not in zone anymore and haven't been for years.

The creator of this forum, Danny one of my good friends here has been a CB player for many years same as me, mainly RCB. He agrees with me when I say, we didn't want his say or people like his say because he has no interest or knowledge of the map or RCB community in the slightest.

In addition he dosen't even play CS anymore, we're talking about the current, active voobly players, it's a change which will effect them so they get the say not ViCiouS. See, we all agree there are a few, select blood players which have a mass of control over voobly, we don't want them to get involved because they're just bias.

Look at every tournament, they're all 90% bloods and it's the smallest community. Look at the mods, look at who posts on all the forums etc... we want the change for the community to come back and be what it was.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 15 June 2012 - 1:58 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
well, forgetting any previous statements this is how I see it:

We're talking about RCB having its own ladder because CBA Hero ruined the CB ladder, which is basically RCB and the tiny tiny community of MCB, which we don't mind because we like MCB.

Ben comes and starts talking about zone, bloods etc.. all of which totally irrelevent. I need to keep
re-adressing the fact that we're not in zone anymore and haven't been for years.

The creator of this forum, Danny one of my good friends here has been a CB player for many years same as me, mainly RCB. He agrees with me when I say, we didn't want his say or people like his say because he has no interest or knowledge of the map or RCB community in the slightest.

In addition he dosen't even play CS anymore, we're talking about the current, active voobly players, it's a change which will effect them so they get the say not ViCiouS. See, we all agree there are a few, select blood players which have a mass of control over voobly, we don't want them to get involved because they're just bias.

Look at every tournament, they're all 90% bloods and it's the smallest community. Look at the mods, look at who posts on all the forums etc... we want the change for the community to come back and be what it was.
Appeal to Authority, try again, can't be bothered to respond to you until you make a valid argument.

@ MCB guy, this is a good point though.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 PR_Green

Posted 15 June 2012 - 2:05 pm
PIN3 wrote:
CBA hero needs its own ladder, it is as popular as CBA and will mess up any other ladder it is put in(including the CBA ladder). A problem I have with the current setup is this, I am a 2k MCB player, 18xx CBA player and about a 1650-1700 CBA Hero player, Now because of the current ratings I cannot play in the lower level CBA Hero games that I should be in, because of my rating they kick me or either they have a lower range set on the rooms and I cannot enter, so the current ratings for the cb ladder is completly inaccurate for CBA Hero. If the goal of the rating system is to provide evenly matched games between players of equal skill level then CBA Hero must have its own ladder because this current setup is failing to do this. Is it really that hard to add another ladder or what? I don't understand what the big deal is in doing this, the two most/equally popular CS maps should have their own ladders.

This is the only really good post in this thread. It sums up what the problem is and I think also presents the solution.

I'm deleting any further posts that simply involve bashing each other.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [ViCiouS]Skreemo

Posted 15 June 2012 - 2:11 pm
Zone was the second half of my first response. It was also relevant to the image I was trying to portray. The first half of my response was based solely on RCB, which yourself and the other pro RCB Ladder people ignored.

I played RCB on Zone quite regularly, s1L3nT were always playing 2v2v2v2 and FFAs in it (RCB Classic). I know all about the map, and I've played the recent RCB Gold which I dislike due to the crashing nature of the map on Voobly, plus it's slow and boring in my opinion, only some speed required in the first few minutes. You know nothing of my history in CS, my association with Voobly in the past and the work I have done for Voobly as a moderator and other various roles. My opinion is valid regardless.

You fail to recognise that this topic isn't about bloods or the maps I am or were passionate for. Nor am I making or contributing to topics that are. I don't play much CBA/CBA Hero/RCB/MCB so I believe my point of view to be quite unbiased and to be neutral. If you bothered to read and understand my view-points, I want bloods and alternative to be unrated, and I recognise that for CB maps to function, they require ratings to work due to their flawed nature.

My opinion is more valid and holds more merit than any of the garbage you like to spew from your condescending arguments. However, you choose to be naive and continue to reiterate nonsense, hence why people are commenting on my own behalf.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 15 June 2012 - 2:36 pm
Well that just shows you don't know what we're talking about. RCB Classic is more dead than dome blood............ RCB Gold only really and it's not a slow map like what the hell, at any low to moderate level speed is the most important thing which seperates players ability.

At higher levels it is micro, experience, thinking skills etc.. but speed is a huge huge part played, HUGE, the faster you do things, from king work to upgrading, making men, to getting razes.. kills etc th faster you're hero, the faster you can control the game and win!! it's a fast ass game at a good level. But quite right, lots of RCB players tend not to even play RCB unless there are high rated players there, not worth it, so they settle for cba hero, but that dosen't mean they want to.

Anyway, let's quit yapping, my point is history means nothing, i look to the future from the present, imo history is irrelevent, you think otherwise , we will never agree, so let's agree to disagree
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 15 June 2012 - 2:46 pm
Well that just shows you don't know what we're talking about. RCB Classic is more dead than dome blood............ RCB Gold only really and it's not a slow map like what the hell, at any low to moderate level speed is the most important thing which seperates players ability.

At higher levels it is micro, experience, thinking skills etc.. but speed is a huge huge part played, HUGE, the faster you do things, from king work to upgrading, making men, to getting razes.. kills etc th faster you're hero, the faster you can control the game and win!! it's a fast ass game at a good level. But quite right, lots of RCB players tend not to even play RCB unless there are high rated players there, not worth it, so they settle for cba hero, but that dosen't mean they want to.

Anyway, let's quit yapping, my point is history means nothing, i look to the future from the present, imo history is irrelevent, you think otherwise , we will never agree, so let's agree to disagree
The thing is, how the map is played and map skills bla bla bla have nothing to do with this discussion.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 15 June 2012 - 2:49 pm
hence why I said let's agree to disagree coz it's gone so off track
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Edited 15 June 2012 - 2:54 pm by [Eot_]Polaris_
just had a hour before a class started and read this from page 1 to 11.. would of made a post as well but seems to be under control now..

solid arguments as always ben ;good
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 PR_Green

Posted 15 June 2012 - 3:04 pm
I'll close this one lol. We pretty much exhausted the original topic 10 pages ago.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 PR_Green

Posted 15 June 2012 - 3:05 pm
I'll close this one lol. We pretty much exhausted the original topic 10 pages ago.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
12345678910[11]
Displaying 151 - 164 out of 164 posts
फोरम कूदो
2 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests

Most active threads in past week: